Warwick Streamer Pro-M 5


Warwick Streamer Pro-M - 5 corde






















Caratteristiche:

THE STREAMER PRO M BASS TAKES THE SAME BODY AND NECK CONSTRUCTION AS THE STREAMER LX AND ADDS A VERY SPECIAL PICKUP AND ELECTRONICS PACKAGE TO IT. THE AA FLAMED MAPLE BODY OF THE STREAMER PRO M IS SHAPED FOR ULTIMATE PLAYING COMFORT, COMBINED WITH A BOLT-ON OVANGKOL NECK WITH A WENGE FINGERBOARD AND GOLDEN HARDWARE.THE MEC TWIN-J PICKUP SYSTEM IS ACTUALLY TWO SEPARATE J-STYLE PICKUPS IN ONE SINGLE MOUNTING. A MEC ACTIVE 2-BAND PREAMP ALLOWS YOU TO GET A WIDE VARIETY OF TONES THAT IS DIFFICULT TO GENERATE ON ANY OTHER BASS.

BOLT-ON
AVAILABLE AS 4- AND 5- STRING
FLAMED MAPLE BODY
OVANGKOL NECK
WENGE FINGERBOARD
SCALE: 34" (LONG SCALE)
24 FRETS
MEC PICKUPS (MEC TWIN-J)
ACTIVE MEC 2-BAND ELECTRONICS
NATURAL OIL FINISH, ANTIQUE TOBACCO OIL FINISH
WARWICK TUNERS
WARWICK 2-PIECE BRIDGE
WARWICK SECURITY LOCKS
GOLD HARDWARE
JUST-A-NUT III


RECENSIONE
by http://www.activebass.com/r2213--Warwick-Pro-M-5

Overall Rating: 
I really love this bass. It will probably always be #1 in my collection. It is very playable, has a good variety of tonal options, and looks fantastic. I highly recommend this bass to anyone who wants to invest in a good, solid Warwick bass without having to drop 3 grand. I would definitely replace it if I had to with either the same model, or one that is equally as good.
Price: 850/900 Euro
Where Obtained: eBay
Features: 
This is a great mid-range, Warwick bass that is no longer in production. This one has a 24 fret Wenge neck and fingerboard with bell brass frets, maple body in the classic Streamer style, and a bookmatched flamed maple natural finish (waxing required). The pickup configuration sets this bass apart from other Warwicks - it has one pickup housing in the MM type "sweet spot", but it actually contains 2 MEC jazz pickups underneath. Each pickup has separate bass and treble controls that are stacked. Battery life is pretty good unless you have your bass and treble cranked to the max all of the time. I really like the cool features on this bass that are unique to Warwick - snap off battery and truss rod covers make maintanence a snap. The just-a-nut allows you greater control over string height. The only thing that I wish this bass had is an active defeat switch so you can switch to passive in case your battery farts out in the middle of a song.
Playability: 
Playability is excellent! This was my first higher-end bass and I'm really pleased with how it plays. The action is comfortable and you can really fly on this bass. I find the neck width to be fine as well, although some people think Warwicks are a bit to thick. It simply depends on your preference and hand size, though. I've never had to make a truss rod adjustment on this guy in the 2.5 years that I've owned it and I live in Iowa, which is known for its humidity and changes in weather. I suggest keeping your bass in its case when not in use to avoid neck problems. My only complaint is that the last couple of notes on the G string are pretty hard to reach, as the neck joint is kind of in the way. Not a huge problem, though.
Sound Quality: 
It has classic Warwick tone - warm but with a lot of midrange punch. I'd say it's a bit more on the bright side than dark, but you can get a good deal of tones from this bass. I've played in classic rock cover bands, pop/ acoustic rock, and have done some various recording work and it sounds great every time. It can really be present in the mix without being annoying. Only complaint - the open G and D strings are really, really bright. I think this is in part due to the brass nut which is known for lending to a brighter sound. I tend not to use those open strings unless I have to.
Durability: 
This is definitely a gig-worthy bass. Do invest in some strap locks, however, you'll be glad. Be sure to give it a good waxing on a regular basis as well. As I mentioned earlier, I've never had to adust the truss rod and it seems to hold up in climate changes very well. All in all, this thing is a solid hunk of wood!
taken from: http://www.activebass.com/r2213--Warwick-Pro-M-5
FOTO




















VIDEO
by youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRGwSnZKYHM





Comments